DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Don't be hasty in economic reforms: Karunanidhi
Karunanidhi said the government should take decisions after detailed consultation and keeping in mind welfare of the nation.
Chennai: DMK President M Karunanidhi on Friday urged the union government not to take hasty decisions in the name of economic reforms. He was referring to setting up the National Investment Board (NIB) to fast-track projects with an investment of Rs 1,000 crore and above.
In a statement, Karunanidhi cited media reports faulting the NIB proposal and the difference of opinion between Environment Minister Jayanthi Natarajan and Tribal Affairs Minister KC Deo.
He said the government should take decisions after detailed consultation and keeping in mind welfare of the nation.
Natarajan, in a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, had said that fast-tracking of clearance would benefit only big industries and not common people and environment.
According to the government's proposal, NIB will be a super body to overrule individual ministries and clear industrial projects with an outlay of Rs.1,000 crore and above.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions