Don't be hasty in economic reforms: Karunanidhi
Karunanidhi said the government should take decisions after detailed consultation and keeping in mind welfare of the nation.
Chennai: DMK President M Karunanidhi on Friday urged the union government not to take hasty decisions in the name of economic reforms. He was referring to setting up the National Investment Board (NIB) to fast-track projects with an investment of Rs 1,000 crore and above.
In a statement, Karunanidhi cited media reports faulting the NIB proposal and the difference of opinion between Environment Minister Jayanthi Natarajan and Tribal Affairs Minister KC Deo.
He said the government should take decisions after detailed consultation and keeping in mind welfare of the nation.
Natarajan, in a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, had said that fast-tracking of clearance would benefit only big industries and not common people and environment.
According to the government's proposal, NIB will be a super body to overrule individual ministries and clear industrial projects with an outlay of Rs.1,000 crore and above.
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Gaya Road Rage: Patna High Court Grants Bail to Suspended JD(U) Councillor's Son
- Salman Khan Dropped as Thums Up Ambassador by Coca Cola
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Tamil Nadu Government Constitutes Advisory Committee Under Disaster Management