Don't take for granted the hand of friendship: President to Pak
Pranab Mukherjee said that India believes in peace on the border and is always ready to offer a hand in the hope of friendship.
New Delhi: Sponsorship of terrorism through non-state actors is a matter of deep concern, President Pranab Mukherjee said on Friday making it clear to Pakistan that India is ready to offer a hand of friendship but that should not be taken for granted.
In his address to the nation on the eve of 64th Republic Day, he said in the recent past, serious atrocities on the Line of Control on Indian troops have been seen, an apparent reference to the beheading of an Indian soldier by Pakistan Army.
"Neighbours may have disagreements; tension can be a subtext of frontiers. But sponsorship of terrorism through non-state actors is a matter of deep concern to the entire nation," he said. He said India believes in peace on the border and is always ready to offer a hand in the hope of friendship. "But this hand should not be taken for granted," he said.
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
From Our Network
- Rising MNS is bad news for Shiv Sena: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil agitation helped BJP to counter its bitter ally- FirstPost
- Ramdev pegs 200% growth for Patanjali this year; promises big ticket investment in Madhya Pradesh - Pradesh18
- CM Nitish Kumar wishes speedy recovery to injured Mamata Banerjee’s nephew - Pradesh18