Don't take for granted the hand of friendship: President to Pak
Pranab Mukherjee said that India believes in peace on the border and is always ready to offer a hand in the hope of friendship.
New Delhi: Sponsorship of terrorism through non-state actors is a matter of deep concern, President Pranab Mukherjee said on Friday making it clear to Pakistan that India is ready to offer a hand of friendship but that should not be taken for granted.
In his address to the nation on the eve of 64th Republic Day, he said in the recent past, serious atrocities on the Line of Control on Indian troops have been seen, an apparent reference to the beheading of an Indian soldier by Pakistan Army.
"Neighbours may have disagreements; tension can be a subtext of frontiers. But sponsorship of terrorism through non-state actors is a matter of deep concern to the entire nation," he said. He said India believes in peace on the border and is always ready to offer a hand in the hope of friendship. "But this hand should not be taken for granted," he said.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- Oscars 2017: Moonlight Wins Big; Emma Stone, Casey Affleck Take Home Best Actors
- Zlatan Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory