BJP-backed ABVP sweeps DUSU polls, wins three posts
ABVP's Aman Awana won the post of the President, Utkarsh Chaudhary became the Vice President and Raju Rawat the Joint Secretary.
New Delhi: The BJP-affiliated Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) swept the Delhi University Students' Union polls that were held on Friday, winning three posts out of four. The Congress-backed National Students' Union of India (NSUI) won one post this year.
From the ABVP, Aman Awana won the post of the President, Utkarsh Chaudhary became the Vice President and Raju Rawat the Joint Secretary. NSUI's Karishma Thakur won the post of the general Secretary.
"The voting went off peacefully with 39.55 per cent of students casting their vote in the morning leg of polls. The elections in the morning from 8.30 am to 12.30 om went off smoothly," Delhi University Chief Election Officer Ashok Vohra said. There was a minor glitch in one EVM machine at Khalsa College but it was immediately corrected," he said.
The voting percentage for evening college students, which took place from 3 pm to 7 pm in the second leg, was expected to be declared late in the night.
Twelve candidates, each for the posts of president and vice president; 17 for the post of secretary, and 10 for joint secretary were in the fray for the four major posts of DUSU.
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards
- Rangoon Movie Review: It's Overlong, Indulgent to the Point of Exhaustion
- PV Sindhu Says All England is Like Any Other Super Series for Her