EC gears up for Tripura Assembly polls
At least 1,20,300 people, including 80,000 fresh voters, have applied for inclusion of their names in the electoral rolls.
Agartala: The Election Commission is gearing up to hold elections to the 60-member Tripura Assembly, as its term is set to expire on March 16. Deputy Election Commissioner Vinod Zutshi on Wednesday held an all party meeting at the civil secretariat here which was attended by the ruling CPM, opposition Congress and others.
Zutshi sought cooperation from all parties for smooth conduct of elections scheduled in February. The Deputy Election Commissioner also held a meeting with the District Magistrates and Superintendents of Police of all the eight districts and discussed various issues including security during the polls.
"The Deputy Election Commissioner will meet the Director General of Police and other police department officials tomorrow," Chief Electoral Officer Ashutosh Jindal said.
At least 1,20,300 people, including 80,000 fresh voters, have applied for inclusion of their names in the electoral rolls, Jindal said adding the final voters list would be published on January 12. The ongoing revision of electoral roles was rescheduled after the Congress complained to the EC that many false voters were included in the draft voter lists.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"