EC gears up for Tripura Assembly polls
At least 1,20,300 people, including 80,000 fresh voters, have applied for inclusion of their names in the electoral rolls.
Agartala: The Election Commission is gearing up to hold elections to the 60-member Tripura Assembly, as its term is set to expire on March 16. Deputy Election Commissioner Vinod Zutshi on Wednesday held an all party meeting at the civil secretariat here which was attended by the ruling CPM, opposition Congress and others.
Zutshi sought cooperation from all parties for smooth conduct of elections scheduled in February. The Deputy Election Commissioner also held a meeting with the District Magistrates and Superintendents of Police of all the eight districts and discussed various issues including security during the polls.
"The Deputy Election Commissioner will meet the Director General of Police and other police department officials tomorrow," Chief Electoral Officer Ashutosh Jindal said.
At least 1,20,300 people, including 80,000 fresh voters, have applied for inclusion of their names in the electoral rolls, Jindal said adding the final voters list would be published on January 12. The ongoing revision of electoral roles was rescheduled after the Congress complained to the EC that many false voters were included in the draft voter lists.
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Russia Asks Pakistan to Take Steps to Contain Terror Groups
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Surgical Strike Across LoC: US Objects to Pakistan's Nuclear Threats Against India
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
From Our Network
- Shahabuddin jailed, alcohol ban lifted: Win-lose situation for Bihar CM Nitish Kumar- FirstPost
- My supporters will teach CM Nitish Kumar a lesson: Shahabuddin on bail cancellation - Pradesh18
- News Digest: HC defers hearing on plea challenging Modi election; How Bihar’s Ghatak platoons avenged Uri attack & more - Pradesh18