DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
EC issues notices to Jayalalithaa, Vijayakanth
The notices were issues for their alleged personal attacks against M Karunanidhi and his family members.
Chennai: The Election Commission has issued notices to AIADMK leader Jayalalithaa and her ally DMDK chief actor Vijayakanth for their alleged personal attacks against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi and his family members in their campaign speeches, officials said on Thursday. In the notice, the EC has asked both the leaders to furnish their replies by 5 PM on Thursday, they said.
The EC's notice came in the wake of a recent complaint by members of DMK poll committee who alleged that both Jayalalithaa and Vijayakanth were making personal attacks targeting Karunanidhi and his family members in their poll campaign for the April 13 Assembly elections.
With just six days to go for polls, the campaign has reached feverish pitch with both DMK and AIADMK-led fronts playing for high stakes in one of the fierce poll battles ever.
Recommended For You
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet