EC issues notices to Jayalalithaa, Vijayakanth
The notices were issues for their alleged personal attacks against M Karunanidhi and his family members.
Chennai: The Election Commission has issued notices to AIADMK leader Jayalalithaa and her ally DMDK chief actor Vijayakanth for their alleged personal attacks against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi and his family members in their campaign speeches, officials said on Thursday. In the notice, the EC has asked both the leaders to furnish their replies by 5 PM on Thursday, they said.
The EC's notice came in the wake of a recent complaint by members of DMK poll committee who alleged that both Jayalalithaa and Vijayakanth were making personal attacks targeting Karunanidhi and his family members in their poll campaign for the April 13 Assembly elections.
With just six days to go for polls, the campaign has reached feverish pitch with both DMK and AIADMK-led fronts playing for high stakes in one of the fierce poll battles ever.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands