DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
EC set guidelines for publicity materials
All parties will have to send publicity materials through the EC prescribed route.
Kolkata: All political parties in poll-bound West Bengal will have to follow the guidelines framed by the Election Commission while carrying publicity materials from the party's head office here to other districts, the EC said on Wednesday.
"The distribution of publicity materials by political parties will be directly under the control of the State Chief Electoral Officer and the parties will have to follow the guidelines set by the commission," Additional CEO N K Sahana told reporters here on Wednesday.
"All political parties will have to send publicity materials like banners, posters, leaflets to the districts from Kolkata through the Election Commission prescribed route," he said.
Initially, the carrying cost would go into the party's account, but later it would be equally divided among the candidates of the party in the district concerned, Sahana said.
On the counting process, the deputy CEO said, "For each constituency there will be 14 tables for counting and there will be one micro observer for each table. Besides,there would be one micro observer with the returning officer."
The entire process of counting would be video-recorded to avoid any kind of unnecessary controversy, Sahana said.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment