EC to conduct re-polling in 46 booths on April 18
The examination process by the observers and officers has started.
New Delhi: The Election Commission on Friday announced that repolling would be held on April 18 in 46 polling stations across seven states where balloting was held in the first phase.
"In the states that went for polling on Thursday, the process of examination of documents by the Observers and Returning Officers in the presence of candidates or their agents is going on. Meanwhile, the Election Commission has announced that repolling for the Phase-I in states and UTs will take place on April 18," the poll panel said in a statement here.
Repolling will be held in 29 polling stations in Andhra Pradesh, five each in Assam and Arunachal Pradesh, three in Nagaland, two in Kerala and one each in Uttar Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir.
The Election Commission also said that its polling staff in violence-hit areas have reached the base stations safely along with the electronic voting machines and are being brought back.
The polling parties in the Maoist-affected area of Gadchiroli in Maharashtra, in Chhattisgarh, Bihar and Orissa as well as militancy-hit Assam have reached their base stations, the commission said.
In the first phase of polling on Thursday, balloting was held in 124 parliamentary constituencies across 15 states and two union territories.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines