EC to focus on poll expense of candidates, paid news
The Deputy CEC said there will be some changes in priority areas of the EC and monitoring of expenditure by candidates, and paid news will be among them.
Jaipur: The Election Commission will give special focus to monitoring of expenditure by candidates and paid news in upcoming polls, Deputy Chief Election Commissioner Sudhir Tripathi said on Wednesday.
Discussing with district collectors through video conference preparations for the polls, Tripathi said there will be some changes in priority areas of the EC and monitoring of expenditure by candidates, and paid news will be among them.
He directed the officials to pay special attention to addition or removal of names from voter lists and asked them to address all issues before publication of the list, according to an official.
Tripathi also reviewed preparedness for the upcoming election and asked the collectors to work according to a management plan and make modifications, if required, according to local circumstances.
Recommended For You
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology