DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
EC to focus on poll expense of candidates, paid news
The Deputy CEC said there will be some changes in priority areas of the EC and monitoring of expenditure by candidates, and paid news will be among them.
Jaipur: The Election Commission will give special focus to monitoring of expenditure by candidates and paid news in upcoming polls, Deputy Chief Election Commissioner Sudhir Tripathi said on Wednesday.
Discussing with district collectors through video conference preparations for the polls, Tripathi said there will be some changes in priority areas of the EC and monitoring of expenditure by candidates, and paid news will be among them.
He directed the officials to pay special attention to addition or removal of names from voter lists and asked them to address all issues before publication of the list, according to an official.
Tripathi also reviewed preparedness for the upcoming election and asked the collectors to work according to a management plan and make modifications, if required, according to local circumstances.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh