Election Commission visits Bihar ahead of polls
The EC will review the poll preparations in the state which will witness six-phased Assembly polls from October 21.
New Delhi: The full Election Commission (EC) visited Bihar on Tuesday to review the poll preparations in the state which will witness six-phased Assembly polls from October 21.
Chief Election Commissioner S Y Quraishi and Election Commissioners V S Sampath and H S Brahma will be in the state for two days and hold discussions with senior civil and police officials and also meet representatives of political parties.
They will visit Bhagalpur and Muzzafarpur and will review the election arrangements in the districts going to polls in the first four phases.
The Commission has also sent its Deputy Election Commissioner J P Prakash and Director General of Election Monitoring Division P K Das to the state.
Elections to the state would be held on October 21, 24, 28 and on November 1, 9 and 20.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion