Election Commission visits Bihar ahead of polls
The EC will review the poll preparations in the state which will witness six-phased Assembly polls from October 21.
New Delhi: The full Election Commission (EC) visited Bihar on Tuesday to review the poll preparations in the state which will witness six-phased Assembly polls from October 21.
Chief Election Commissioner S Y Quraishi and Election Commissioners V S Sampath and H S Brahma will be in the state for two days and hold discussions with senior civil and police officials and also meet representatives of political parties.
They will visit Bhagalpur and Muzzafarpur and will review the election arrangements in the districts going to polls in the first four phases.
The Commission has also sent its Deputy Election Commissioner J P Prakash and Director General of Election Monitoring Division P K Das to the state.
Elections to the state would be held on October 21, 24, 28 and on November 1, 9 and 20.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Pakistani Artistes Are Not Terrorists, They Have Visas, Says Salman Khan
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- India Shouldn't Unilaterally Scrap Indus Waters Treaty: Medha Patkar
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed
- South Korea Stands With India Against Terrorism: Park Geun Hye