Coal scam: Koda aide Bastawade brought back to India
Bastawade is accused of siphoning off nearly Rs 4,000 cr from the Madhu Koda govt to pay for coal mine contracts.
New Delhi: The Enforcement Directorate on Tuesday brought back former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda's aide, Anil Bastawade to India. The alleged mining scam kingpin has been accused in a money laundering case.
He was detained in Jakarta on January 21 after an Interpol notice.
The ED had sought and got his custody from an Indonesian court. The CBI alleges that he siphoned off nearly Rs 250 crore from the Madhu Koda government to pay for coal mine contracts.
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Watch: Talking point With Arunoday Mukharji
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?