Coal scam: Koda aide Bastawade sent to judicial custody
Bastawade is accused of siphoning off over Rs 250 crore from the Madhu Koda government to pay for coal mine contracts.
New Delhi: Former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda's aide Anil Bastawade has been sent to 14 days' judicial custody. He was brought back from Jakarta on Tuesday night by the Enforcement Directorate (ED).
Bastawade is an accused in a money laundering scam. The CBI alleges that he siphoned off over Rs 250 crore from the Madhu Koda government to pay for coal mine contracts.
Bastawade was produced at a Ranchi court. He was arrested on January 21 on an Interpol notice.
Recommended For You
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Champions League: Sergio Aguero stars as Man City sink Monaco