DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Coal scam: Koda aide Bastawade sent to judicial custody
Bastawade is accused of siphoning off over Rs 250 crore from the Madhu Koda government to pay for coal mine contracts.
New Delhi: Former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda's aide Anil Bastawade has been sent to 14 days' judicial custody. He was brought back from Jakarta on Tuesday night by the Enforcement Directorate (ED).
Bastawade is an accused in a money laundering scam. The CBI alleges that he siphoned off over Rs 250 crore from the Madhu Koda government to pay for coal mine contracts.
Bastawade was produced at a Ranchi court. He was arrested on January 21 on an Interpol notice.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017, Ind vs NZ: The Big Talking Points
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Champions Trophy: Kohli Interacts With Security Personnel in London
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan