DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Elect Cong for UT's progress: Narayanasamy
Congress is fighting the Puducherry elections in a coalition with DMK, as in Tamil Nadu.
Puducherry: Union Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs and Prime Minister's Office V Narayanasamy on Saturday said Central funds for development of Puducherry would be available "copiously" if a Congress-led government wins a successive term in office in the April 13 assembly polls in the Union Territory.
Addressing a Congress public meeting at Periyakalapet near here on Friday, Narayanasamy said Puducherry had registered "impressive progress" in education and poverty alleviation programmes due to the practical planning by the present V Vaithilingam-led Congress government and with the help of hefty allocations of funds by the UPA government at the Centre.
"Puducherry will continue to make progress only if the Congress-led government (retains power) in the Union territory and funds from the Centre would continue for the development schemes", Narayanasamy said.
Congress is fighting the elections in a coalition with DMK, as in Tamil Nadu.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: Junaid Takes a Dig at Kohli Ahead of Indo-Pak Clash
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions