End discussion on Telangana: Cong MPs tell Azad
The MPs demanded that the Telangana issue be completed within the stipulated time of three months.
New Delhi: Congress Telangana MPs on Thursday met Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad and demanded that the consultation process within the party on the contentious statehood issue be completed within the stipulated time of three months.
The MPs met Azad, who is also the general secretary in-charge of party affairs in Andhra Pradesh, and conveyed to him the sentiments of people of the region.
"We told him that despite tendering our resignations we are not raising the issue because of Sonia Gandhi's health. We told him that the consultation process should end in two months and a decision taken," Karimnagar MP Ponnam Prabhakar told.
The MPs also told Azad that people in their constituencies are eagerly waiting for the Centre's decision on the Telangana issue.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310: This is How The Remodeled Unit Will Look Like
- HIL 2017 Live Updates: Dabang Mumbai vs Delhi Waveriders, Semi-final
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology