Ensure best treatment to child rape victim: Sheila Dikshit
Dikshit issued instructions to the Chief Secretary and asked him to personally monitor the treatment of the child admitted to AIIMS.
New Delhi: Shocked and angry over the brutal rape of a five-year-old girl, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Saturday asked Chief Secretary DM Spolia to coordinate with AIIMS to ensure best possible treatment for the child and offer all necessary help to the family of the victim. Dikshit, who underwent a surgery at a city hospital for sinus problem, issued the instruction to the Chief Secretary and asked him to personally monitor treatment of the girl admitted to the AIIMS.
"The Chief Minister was shocked and deeply anguished over the ghastly incident. She has directed the Chief Secretary to personally coordinate with AIIMS authorities to ensure best possible medical care," a source said. Sources said Dikshit has been enquiring about the condition of the child regularly and issuing instructions to top officials of her Government to ensure that she gets proper medical care.
Protests erupted in Delhi on Saturday demanding justice for the five-year-old girl and punishment for policemen for their insensitivity in dealing with the case, even as police arrested the 22-year-old accused from Bihar's Muzaffarpur district. The girl was brutally raped and assaulted allegedly by her neighbour, while being held captive and starved for two days.
The condition of the girl is stable though she has suffered serious injuries in the assault, doctors attending to her said. Dikshit, 75, herself underwent the surgery at Fortis Escorts Heart Hospital on Friday and is likely to be discharged on Monday.
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- Ranbir Kapoor Dodges Question on MNS Ultimatum to Pakistani Artists
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Stills: The Trailer is All About Love, Friendship, Heartbreak