Centre should apologise to MP for wrongful eviction: CM
The MP has lodged a complaint against CPWD and Urban Affairs Ministry.
Raipur: Chief Minister Raman Singh on Saturday demanded that UPA government at the centre apologise to BJP's senior tribal leader and Rajya Sabha member from Chhattisgarh, Nand Kumar Sai, for wrongfully evicting him from his South Avenue MP bungalow in New Delhi.
Lambasting the government for the incident, the Chief Minister also demanded centre to order an immediate probe into the matter and punish the erring authorities.
Severely condemning the manner in which the sitting member of the Upper House was evicted from and his household belongings were thrown out of the his official residence on Friday with police force, Dr Singh termed the action as 'most disgraceful'.
Accusing both the Directorate of Estates and Union Public Works Department of having committed a serious criminal negligence by forcibly evicting Mr Sai from his residence, the chief minister said it was an attempt to tarnish the image and dignity of the MP.
''This is not only an insult to Mr Sai, but also to the people of Chhattisgarh and those members of the State Assembly who elected him to the Upper House from the state,'' Dr Singh said and warned that people of Chhattisgarh would never forgive the Congress party, if the party-led UPA government did not tender an apology to the sitting MP forthwith.
Dr Singh further said that honourable Rajya Sabha member Mr Sai, who was president of the state BJP and represented Chhattisgarh's Raigarh and Sarguja constituencies in the Lok Sabha on three occasions earlier, had been humiliated and ignored by the authorities.
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Rampant Borussia Dortmund Will Put Stuttering Real Madrid to the Test
- Japanese Encephalitis Declared as Notifiable Disease
- Ink Thrown at Union Minister JP Nadda in AIIMS Bhopal
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- Cheteshwar Pujara's Kanpur Transformation Augurs Well for Team India
- Virat Kohli Offers Condolences to Families of Uri Attack Victims
- R Ashwin Is A Priceless Cricketer : Virat Kohli