Ex-cricketer Madan Lal pads up for Congress
Madan Lal will contest elections from Hamirpur in Himachal Pradesh.
New Delhi: Former Indian all-rounder Madan Lal on Saturday joined Congress saying he will do "both bowling and batting" for the party.
The ace cricketer, who was part of the World Cup winning squad of 1983, said his family has been a supporter of Congress for a long time and so was he.
"I want to do social service and this is why I have joined polictics," he said.
Asked whether he will bowl, bat or field for the party in the elections, the 58-year-old cricketer-turned-poitician said, "I will do both bowling and batting."
Senior Congress leader Anand Sharma said while "Madan Lal Sharma will bat and bowl, BJP will do the fielding."
Madan Lal will contest Lok Sabha elections from Hamirpur in Himachal Pradesh.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Which Visiting Spinner's Performance in India Has Been the Best?