DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Ex-cricketer Madan Lal pads up for Congress
Madan Lal will contest elections from Hamirpur in Himachal Pradesh.
New Delhi: Former Indian all-rounder Madan Lal on Saturday joined Congress saying he will do "both bowling and batting" for the party.
The ace cricketer, who was part of the World Cup winning squad of 1983, said his family has been a supporter of Congress for a long time and so was he.
"I want to do social service and this is why I have joined polictics," he said.
Asked whether he will bowl, bat or field for the party in the elections, the 58-year-old cricketer-turned-poitician said, "I will do both bowling and batting."
Senior Congress leader Anand Sharma said while "Madan Lal Sharma will bat and bowl, BJP will do the fielding."
Madan Lal will contest Lok Sabha elections from Hamirpur in Himachal Pradesh.
Recommended For You
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet