DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Ex-Karnataka minister charged in rape case
Chandrawathi had charged that she was raped by Halappa in her house at Shimoga in 2009.
Shimoga: A chargesheet was filed on Thursday in a local court against former Karnataka minister Harathalu Halappa over charges of rape by the state CID.
CID police submitted the chargesheet before the 3rd Judicial Magistrate First Class court judge Srinivasa Gowda.
Chandrawathi, wife of Halappa's friend, had charged that she was raped by Halappa in her house at Shimoga on November 26, 2009.
On May 2010, Chandrawathi and her husband Venktesha Murthy filed a complaint against Halappa.
Following his arrest, Halappa was forced to resign from the BS Yeddyurappa Ministry last year and the case transferred to CID for investigation.
Halappa was in judicial custody for about 50 days before he was released on bail by High Court.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere