DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Ex-Nagaland CM Jamir loses Aonglenden by-poll
SC Jamir lost to ruling NPF candidate Toshikopba Longkumer by over 1,300 votes.
Kohima: Former Nagaland chief minister and senior Congress leader SC Jamir on Friday lost the Aonglenden Assembly by-poll to ruling Naga People's Front (NPF) candidate Toshikopba Longkumer by over 1,300 votes.
Jamir, the longest serving chief minister of Nagaland, had won from the Aonglenden seat in Mokokchong district a number of times in the past.
He was staying away from the state for nearly a decade due to gubernatorial assignments in Goa and Maharashtra.
By-poll for the Aonglenden seat was held on May 7 which saw a high voter turnout of about 88 per cent.
The by-poll was necessitated following the death of Congress MLA Nungshizenba Longkumer in 2011.
Recommended For You
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi