Set guidelines to probe fake encounters: SC to govt
The order came after the Gujarat govt protested an earlier order by the apex court to probe alleged fake encounters in the state between 2003 and 2007.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday issued a notice to the Centre and state governments to frame guidelines to probe fake encounters.
The order came after the Gujarat government protested an earlier order by the apex court to probe alleged fake encounters in the state between 2003 and 2007.
The Gujarat government said in a petition that all states must be asked to look into fake encounters since these were "not exclusive to Gujarat".
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology