Fasting Madhu Koda agrees to drink milk
Koda is on fast since Monday after being allegedly beaten up inside the Birsa Munda Central jail.
Ranchi: Former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda on Wednesday, who is on a fast in hospital in protest against being allegedly assaulted in jail, agreed to drink milk on doctor's advice.
"We have advised him to take 200 ml milk. Taking medicines on an empty stomach is not advisable. He has agreed to our advice," Director of the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIIMS) Tulsi Mahto told reporters.
Koda, who suffered a fracture in the right hand and was admitted to RIIMS, is on fast since Monday after being allegedly beaten up inside the Birsa Munda Central jail.
Though the district administration and jail authorities have said he was assaulted by other prisoners, Koda alleged that prison guards had beaten him up when he and others protested about the poor quality of food.
Koda on Tuesday had threatened to move the human rights commission claiming that the police did not register his complaint of assault in jail.
Chief Minister Arjun on Tuesday night said a retired district judge would probe the alleged assault on Koda.
Koda is in the jail since November 30, 2009 when a special vigilance court sent him to judicial custody in connection with a Rs 2,500 crore scam unearthed by the Income Tax and Enforcement Departments following countrywide raids on October 31 that year.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology