First own up wrongs in Babri demolition: Digvijaya to BJP
Digvijaya said as long as no action is taken by the BJP against Modi, nobody will trust their talk of communal harmony.
New Delhi: Congress leader Digvijaya Singh on Saturday targeted the BJP over its attempt to reach out to minorities questioning whether it will take action against Narendra Modi for Gujarat riots or LK Advani will accept his "crime" in Babari Mosque demolition.
"Are LK Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi and Uma Bharati ready to accept, in the court, their crime in the demolition of Babri mosque? If they agree to it, then it will be accepted that there is some substance in their talks of communal harmony. They should first own up their wrong-doings.
"Secondly as long as no action is taken by the BJP against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, who openly participated in the communal riots in the state in 2002 against innocent Muslims, nobody will trust their talk of communal harmony," Singh told reporters in New Delhi.
The AICC general secretary also posted on Twitter that, "Advani talks of projecting NDA as a symbol of Secularism in 2014. Can any secular person trust them till Modi rules the roost in BJP?"
Singh's remark comes a day after BJP veteran LK Advani said at the national council meet in Surajkund that there was a need for the party to strive for an "imaginative reprojection" of its "commitment to secularism" and reassured the minority community that it does not support discrimination on the basis of religion.
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop