FM confident insurance, pension bills will be passed
I intend to meet with the leaders of opposition and convince them, the Finance Minister said.
Mumbai: Promising more reforms, Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Saturday expressed confidence that the bills on FDI in insurance and pension will be passed in Parliament for which he will soon open dialogue with the opposition parties including the BJP.
"There is a difference of opinion (on the issue of 49 per cent FDI in insurance). I intend to meet with the leaders of opposition and convince them. I can convince the opposition parties that this clause (of raising the FDI cap) can be kept," he told a press conference on his first visit to the financial capital after taking over as Finance Minister.
The Minister said that he was convinced that the two amendment bills crucial for the economy bills will be passed by Parliament and sought media's cooperation in this regard. Asked by a reporter as to whether there would be more reforms after the second instalment that was announced during the week, he said, "I don't know why you are saying this is second instalment. There will be more. There will be more issues to be addressed. There will be more."
Recommended For You
- Ravindra Jadeja Gives it Back Royally to Matthew Wade
- Hyundai Elantra Review: The Korean Plan To Kill German Cars In India
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia
- Sapna Bhavnani-Bani J's 'Kissing' Photo Has Set The Internet On Fire
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?