Followed BJP's "path" while hosting lunch for Pakistan PM: Khurshid
Khurshid has hosted a lunch for Pakistani Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf in Jaipur during his visit to the Ajmer Shareif dargah earlier in March.
Farrukhabad: External Affairs Minister, Salman Khurshid on Saturday took jibe at the BJP for the criticism for hosting a lunch for Pakistani Prime Minister saying he was only following the traditions established by the opposition party when it was in power. "This path was shown by the BJP. Atalji had fed biryani to Musharraf in Agra, we are only trying to tread the same path. BJP has to oppose the government and it will do the same", Khurshid said.
He was talking to newspersons in an informal chat after inaugurating a dairy in his parliamentary constituency. Khurshid has hosted a lunch for Pakistani Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf in Jaipur during his visit to the Ajmer Shareif dargah earlier in March. BJP president Rajnath Singh has alleged that the UPA government extended a red carpet welcome to Pakistan PM Ashraf after the killing of two Indian soldiers.
"Our soldiers were killed by Pakistani forces. And, instead of registering strong protest, what is our government doing? Our external affairs minister is hosting lunch for him and he is being served biriyani," Singh said. On the Sri Lanka issue, Khurshid said that although it is being opposed but the government is against making it a political issue.
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop