DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Cabinet likely to clear Food Bill on Tuesday
If it goes through, the Bill will guarantee rice at Rs 3 per kilogram to 67 per cent of the population.
New Delhi: The Cabinet is all set to meet again to consider and possibly clear United Progressive Alliance's ambitious Food Bill. No decision could be passed on Monday since two Cabinet ministers P Chidambaram and AK Antony were not present.
If it goes through, the Bill will guarantee rice at Rs 3 per kilogram to 67 per cent of the population. It also ensures wheat at Rs 2 a kilogram, and coarse cereals at Rs 1 per kg.
The Cabinet is also likely to take the issue of sugar decontrol on Tuesday's meeting.
Recommended For You
- Dangal All Set To Beat Baahubali 2 At The Box Office, Earns 1523 Cr Worldwide
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO
- Harbhajan Wants Zaheer to Become Team India's Bowling Coach