Cabinet likely to clear Food Bill on Tuesday
If it goes through, the Bill will guarantee rice at Rs 3 per kilogram to 67 per cent of the population.
New Delhi: The Cabinet is all set to meet again to consider and possibly clear United Progressive Alliance's ambitious Food Bill. No decision could be passed on Monday since two Cabinet ministers P Chidambaram and AK Antony were not present.
If it goes through, the Bill will guarantee rice at Rs 3 per kilogram to 67 per cent of the population. It also ensures wheat at Rs 2 a kilogram, and coarse cereals at Rs 1 per kg.
The Cabinet is also likely to take the issue of sugar decontrol on Tuesday's meeting.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology