Standing committee clears Food Security Bill draft
The draft was passed despite members of the Opposition raising objections over coverage for the poor and quantity of grains supplied.
New Delhi: The draft Food Security Bill was cleared by the Standing Committee of Parliament on Food, Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution on Friday. The draft was passed despite members of the Opposition raising objections over coverage for the poor and quantity of grains supplied.
Some committee members also demanded that entitlement over subsidised grains should be on the basis of families instead of individuals.
The committee's final report suggests that state governments will take the final call in deciding the beneficiaries of the scheme.
The draft bill will now be taken up in Parliament.
Recommended For You
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner