Standing committee clears Food Security Bill draft
The draft was passed despite members of the Opposition raising objections over coverage for the poor and quantity of grains supplied.
New Delhi: The draft Food Security Bill was cleared by the Standing Committee of Parliament on Food, Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution on Friday. The draft was passed despite members of the Opposition raising objections over coverage for the poor and quantity of grains supplied.
Some committee members also demanded that entitlement over subsidised grains should be on the basis of families instead of individuals.
The committee's final report suggests that state governments will take the final call in deciding the beneficiaries of the scheme.
The draft bill will now be taken up in Parliament.
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' Movie Review: First Day, First Show
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against Terrorist Outfits
- Indian Army's Surgical Strike Across LoC Was Carefully Measured: Experts
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army