Former AP minister surrenders, gets bail in dowry case
P Shankar Rao's daughter-in-law, in her complaint had said she was being harassed by her husband and his parents since her marriage in 2005.
Hyderabad: Former Andhra Pradesh Minister and Secunderabad Cantonment MLA P Shankar Rao on Wednesday surrendered before the police in connection with a dowry harassment case lodged by his daughter-in-law, and was subsequently released on bail.
Rao, who had secured anticipatory bail from the Sessions Court, surrendered before the Women Police Station (WPS) attached to Central Crime Station, and submitted two sureties of Rs 10,000 each as per the court's order. He was then granted bail, Inspector P Janakamma said.
He also filed an affidavit before the police stating that his passport was already deposited with CID in the Greenfields land encroachment case. The court had directed him to surrender his passport in the present case too.
Rao's daughter-in-law Vamsi Priya, in her complaint to WPS had said she was being harassed by her husband Shashank and his parents since her marriage in 2005. Shashank has already surrendered before police and got bail.
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test