Former Bengal Chief Secretary meets Mamata
A Trinamool Cong leader said that the visit could be described as a 'courtesy call'.
Kolkata: Former West Bengal Chief Secretary Manish Gupta on Friday met Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee at her Kalighat residence.
Senior Trinamool Congress leader and former city Mayor Subrata Mukherjee told PTI that Gupta visited Mamata Banerjee at her residence and was there for about an hour.
Mukherjee said that the visit could be described as a 'courtesy call'.
However, political observers attach much significance to the visit to Banerjee's residence by the former bureaucrat at a time when Assembly elections are round the corner.
Several former bureaucrats, including retired top IAS and IPS officers like Debabrata Bandopadhya, C M Jatua (now union minister of state for information and broadcasting), Sultan Singh, Rachhpal Singh and H A Safwi are already in the
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards
- Steve Smith Reaches Career-High Rating After Pune Test