Former Delhi Congress Chief Arvinder Singh Lovely Joins BJP
Former Delhi Congress president Arvinder Singh Lovely (File Photo)
New Delhi: Former Delhi Congress president Arvinder Singh Lovely on Tuesday joined the BJP and lashed out at the leadership of his former party, saying it has "died" under them.
Delhi Youth Congress president Amit Malik also joined the BJP along with Lovely after meeting party chief Amit Shah.
The switch by Lovely, who was a key minister in the Sheila Dikshit-led Delhi government, into the saffron fold comes less than a week ahead of the crucial MCD polls.
Congress leader and former Delhi minister Arvinder Singh Lovely joins BJP pic.twitter.com/Vmswc6GBRs
— ANI (@ANI_news) April 18, 2017
"The child has died. The party is finished," he told reporters, referring to the Congress.
He also referred to the allegations made by state Congress veteran A K Walia that tickets for MCD elections were being sold by party leaders.
"Nobody took note of his grievances. Several leaders in the Congress are feeling suffocated for the past two years," he said.
Recommended For You
- New Maruti Suzuki DZire to Launch on May 16; Will No Longer Have 'Swift' in its Name
- LG G6 Launched in India for Rs 51,990: All You Need to Know
- Harbhajan Singh Becomes Third Indian To Take 200 Wickets In T20 Cricket
- Sonakshi Sinha, Armaan Malik Engage in War of Words Over Actors Taking Over Singers' Domain
- Meet Jackie Shroff's Daughter Krishna, Who Can Give Bollywood Actresses a Run For Their Money