Former Jharkhand CM fails to produce bail documents
Koda was granted three-week's provisional bail on Tuesday by the high court on the ground of treatment of his ailing mother.
Ranchi: Former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda, who got a three-week provisional bail from Jharkhand High Court, could not go home on Wednesday following his failure to produce bail documents to the jail authorities. "We don't have any document of his bail in any of the cases against him (Koda). He can only walk out after producing all bail-related documents," Jail Superintendent Dilip Pradhan told PTI in Ranchi.
Koda was granted three-week's provisional bail on Tuesday by the high court on the ground of treatment of his ailing mother. His lawyer said documents would be made available to the jail authorities on Thursday. As an independent MLA, Koda had headed UPA government supported by Congress, RJD and JMM, between 2006 and 2008 in Jharkhand.
About a year after relinquishing the chair, he was arrested on November 30, 2009 and sent to judicial custody after Enforcement Directorate and Income Tax department charged him and his alleged aides with involvement in money laundering, illegal investments and other multi-crore scams.
Recommended For You
- Engineer Questions Nature of Pune Pitch, Slams Batsmen
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category