Friday, the 13th, lucky for Trinamool Congress
Within 13 years of forming the TMC, Mamata routed the CPI(M)-led Left Front in the Assembly polls.
Kolkata: Friday, the 13, proved to be lucky for Trinamool Congress with the party set to assume power in West Bengal with a landslide win 13 years after its formation.
Friday, the 13th, is considered to be a day of bad luck by many.
Banerjee had founded the All India Trinamool Congress in January, 1998, and within 13 years, steered it to a massive victory in the state throwing out the over three-decade-old CPI(M)-led Left Front.
On the other hand, in 1977, the number had proved lucky for the CPI(M) when the party emerged out of a split with the Communist Party of India in 1964 and took over governance in West Bengal 13 years after its formation.
Before the counting, a SMS was in circulation which read 'Counting date 13th May, Ma Mati Manush 13 letters, Mamata Banerjee 13 letters, chief minister 13 letters'.
Recommended For You
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Beauty and The Beast: Emma Watson Brings New Charisma in the Classic Song
- Ross Taylor Achieves Milestone ODI Century