DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Friday, the 13th, lucky for Trinamool Congress
Within 13 years of forming the TMC, Mamata routed the CPI(M)-led Left Front in the Assembly polls.
Kolkata: Friday, the 13, proved to be lucky for Trinamool Congress with the party set to assume power in West Bengal with a landslide win 13 years after its formation.
Friday, the 13th, is considered to be a day of bad luck by many.
Banerjee had founded the All India Trinamool Congress in January, 1998, and within 13 years, steered it to a massive victory in the state throwing out the over three-decade-old CPI(M)-led Left Front.
On the other hand, in 1977, the number had proved lucky for the CPI(M) when the party emerged out of a split with the Communist Party of India in 1964 and took over governance in West Bengal 13 years after its formation.
Before the counting, a SMS was in circulation which read 'Counting date 13th May, Ma Mati Manush 13 letters, Mamata Banerjee 13 letters, chief minister 13 letters'.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- England vs South Africa Live Score: Morgan, Moeen Boost Hosts
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes