Full text: BJP statement on truce with Advani
The BJP said senior party leader LK Advani had agreed to abide by its decision after a brief meeting with RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat.
New Delhi: The infighting may be over. The reconciliation may have been achieved. The Bharatiya Janata Party on Tuesday announced that party patriarch LK Advani, who resigned from all posts within the party on Monday, had agreed to abide by its decision and paid heed to the chief of its powerful ideological mentor, the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh.
It was not clear, however, whether Advani had withdrawn his resignation. There was no announcement from the party to that effect.
BJP chief Rajnath Singh, reading out a statement outside Advani's residence after holding a brief meeting with him, said, "RSS Sarsanghchalak, Shri Mohan Bhagwat spoke to Shri Advani and asked him to respect the BJP Parliamentary Board decision and continue to guide the party in national interest. Shri Advani has decided to accept Shri Bhagwat's advice."
Below is the full statement of the BJP
The BJP Parliamentary Board yesterday decided not to accept Shri LK Advani's resignation from the three main fora of the Party - The National Executive, Parliamentary Board and Election Committee and requested him to continue to be a member of these three Bodies.
On behalf of the Party Shri Rajnath Singh assured Shri Advani that his concerns about the functioning of the Party would be properly addressed and the President will discuss the modalities of addressing these concerns with Shri Advani.
Today afternoon, RSS Sarsanghchalak, Shri Mohan Bhagwat spoke to Shri Advani and asked him to respect the BJP Parliamentary Board decision and continue to guide the party in national interest. Shri Advani has decided to accept Shri Bhagwat's advice.
- Samajwadi Party Meeting Turns Into Family Drama After Akhilesh and Shivpal Spar In Public
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Mulayam Backs Amar, Shivpal; Meet Ends in Acrimony
- Mulayam Vs Akhilesh: Old Values Vs New Thinking
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- PM Modi Bats For Women Rights, Slams Triple Talaq
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: A Brief Profile of the 4 Ministers Sacked by Akhilesh