Full text of LK Advani's resignation letter
"For some time I have been finding it difficult to reconcile with the current functioning of the party," he said in his letter to Rajnath Singh.
New Delhi: Veteran politician LK Advani on Monday resigned from all positions in the Bharatiya Janata Party saying "for some time I have been finding it difficult to reconcile either with the current functioning of the party, or the direction in which it is going".
Advani's resignation came a day after Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was appointed as the BJP's poll campaign committee chief for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections at the National Executive in Goa.
Here is the full text of Advani's letter to BJP President Rajnath Singh:
Dear Shri Rajnath Singhji,
All my life I have found working for the Jana Sangh and the Bharatiya Janata Party a matter of great pride and endless satisfaction to myself.
For some time I have been finding it difficult to reconcile either with the current functioning of the party, or the direction in which it is going. I no longer have the feeling that this is the same idealistic party created by Dr Mookerji, Deen Dayalji, Nanaji and Vajpayeeji whose sole concern was the country, and its people. Most leaders of ours are now concerned just with their personal agendas.
I have decided, therefore, to resign from the three main fora of the party, namely, the National Executive, the Parliamentary Board, and the Election Committee. This may be regarded as my resignation letter.
IBN Newsroom Buzz: BJP underestimated Advani’s disappointment with Narendra Modi’s appointment, says Bhupendra Chaubey
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
From Our Network
- Rising MNS is bad news for Shiv Sena: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil agitation helped BJP to counter its bitter ally- FirstPost
- Ramdev pegs 200% growth for Patanjali this year; promises big ticket investment in Madhya Pradesh - Pradesh18
- CM Nitish Kumar wishes speedy recovery to injured Mamata Banerjee’s nephew - Pradesh18