Gadkari accuses BSP of looting people of UP
BJP president Nitin Gadkari challenged Mayawati to file a defamation case against him if his charges are false.
Lucknow: Accusing Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati, her relatives and associates of being involved in scams worth thousands of crores of rupees in the state, BJP national president Nitin Gadkari on Thursday challenged her to file a defamation case against him if his charges were false.
"In the last election, people gave power to BSP to remove goondaraj of SP, but Mayawati, her brothers and close associate Satish Mishra did a scam of Rs 10,000 crore by floating bogus companies," Gadkari alleged while addressing a
rally in Jhansi.
"If these allegations are false, the CM should file a defamation case against me and I will give evidence in support of the allegations," he said.
He accused Congress-led UPA government at the Centre and Mayawati government in the state of looting public money.
"After watching 2G spectrum and CWG scams, Mayawati said you loot Delhi, I will loot UP," he alleged.
He said BJP wanted to give a government where no one was hungry, women and girls were not raped, and every person got justice. "Our resolve is to establish communal harmony and Ram Rajya, that is, ideal governance," he said.
Senior BJP leader Uma Bharati said the community on whose vote Mayawati gained power in the state was the most insulted during her regime.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category