Judge refuses to hear Purti case involving Gadkari
The CBI is probing allegations of dubious funding of Nitin Gadkari's firm, Purti Group.
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court judge who was handling the Purti case against former BJP president Nitin Gadkari has stepped down and refused to hear the matter anymore. The case will now be transferred to a new bench.
The CBI is probing allegations of dubious funding of Gadkari's firm, Purti Group. The Mumbai I-T wing is surveying seven companies found to have been routing money into Gadkari's Purti Group after allegations against the companies surfaced in the Nagpur wing's probe.
The Mumbai Income Tax department in its preliminary investigation report on Purti Group had said that most of the companies with registered addresses were fake addresses.
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- India's oil imports from Saudi Arabia and Iraq hit the highest in more than a decade
- Saudi Arabia to raise petrol prices by up to 40 per cent
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Parched Movie Review: Nuanced Performances, Heartfelt Storytelling Make It a Must Watch
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago