Geelani on payroll of ISI, says NC leader
National Conference leader Mustafa Kamal has accused hardline Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani of being 'a double agent'.
Srinagar: Ruling National Conference leader Mustafa Kamal on Sunday accused hardline Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani of being "a double agent" on "the payroll of Pakistan's ISI".
"(Geelani is) a double agent ... a four time MLA who has been drawing pension and has been even on the payroll of ISI, should we consider him fit enough to talk about morality," National Conference Additional General Secretary Mustafa Kamal alleged, referring to Geelani who was an MLA from Sopore constituency before militancy erupted in Jammu and Kashmir.
Kamal, uncle of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and younger brother of Union Minister Farooq Abdullah, claimed that Geelani was taking "dictation" from Pakistan.
"Whenever even a Pakistani clerk comes to India and summons this ex-lawmaker, he rushes to Delhi to take dictation about how to ensure that uncertainty prevails in the state," he said.
Kamal said Geelani has tried to "ignite and incite" people by "hollow slogans and destructive emotionalism".
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- US Presidential Elections: New Polls Send Mixed Signals About Hillary And Trump
- Donald Trump Will Be Next US President, Predicts Election Wizard
- Donald Trump's Daughter-in-Law Celebrates Diwali at Hindu Temple in US
- Donald Trump Says Would Probe Email Investigation of Hillary Clinton