Geetika Sharma suicide: Trial against Kanda begins
Gopal Kanda is facing trial for alleged offence of rape, unnatural offence and abetting suicide of the air hostess, who had worked in his company.
New Delhi: A fast track court on Monday commenced trial in the suicide case of an ex-air hostess in which former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda is the main accused.
Kanda is facing trial for alleged offence of rape, unnatural offence and abetting suicide of the air hostess, who had worked in his company. His aide Aruna Chadha is also an accused and has been charged with abetting the offences of rape, unnatural sex and the victim's suicide.
Eight formal witnesses were examined before additional sessions judge MC Gupta. They included police personnel and also the doctor who had conducted post-mortem of the victim. The matter is now fixed for July 22.
Both the accused have also been charged with forgery for cheating and harming the reputation of the victim. Chadha had moved Delhi High Court seeking quashing of
charges against her. The court has summoned the record of the trial court for May 29.
The 23-year-old air hostess, who was earlier employed with Kanda's MDLR airlines, was found dead on August 5 at her Ashok Vihar residence in North West Delhi. In her August 4 suicide note, she had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chadha.
The police had in its charge sheet said Kanda was obsessed with the victim and was putting pressure on her to come back to his company.
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Delhi Zoo Shuts Down Amid Bird Flu Scare
- Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3
- Amitabh Bachchan Celebrates His Birthday With the Team of Pink
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18