Geetika Sharma suicide: Trial against Kanda begins
Gopal Kanda is facing trial for alleged offence of rape, unnatural offence and abetting suicide of the air hostess, who had worked in his company.
New Delhi: A fast track court on Monday commenced trial in the suicide case of an ex-air hostess in which former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda is the main accused.
Kanda is facing trial for alleged offence of rape, unnatural offence and abetting suicide of the air hostess, who had worked in his company. His aide Aruna Chadha is also an accused and has been charged with abetting the offences of rape, unnatural sex and the victim's suicide.
Eight formal witnesses were examined before additional sessions judge MC Gupta. They included police personnel and also the doctor who had conducted post-mortem of the victim. The matter is now fixed for July 22.
Both the accused have also been charged with forgery for cheating and harming the reputation of the victim. Chadha had moved Delhi High Court seeking quashing of
charges against her. The court has summoned the record of the trial court for May 29.
The 23-year-old air hostess, who was earlier employed with Kanda's MDLR airlines, was found dead on August 5 at her Ashok Vihar residence in North West Delhi. In her August 4 suicide note, she had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chadha.
The police had in its charge sheet said Kanda was obsessed with the victim and was putting pressure on her to come back to his company.
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha