Adarsh accused Kanhaiyalal Gidwani dies of heart attack
Kanhaiyalal Gidwani was a former Congress MLC and the promoter of Adarsh Housing Society.
Mumbai: One of the main accused in the Adarsh Housing Society scam, Kanhaiyalal Gidwani, died of a heart attack at Mumbai's Breach Candy Hospital on Tuesday. Gidwani was a former Congress MLC and promoter of Adarsh. He was admitted to breach candy on Friday after suffering a second heart attack in four days.
Accused Kanhaiyalal Gidwani and his family own flats in the controversial housing society. Kanhaiyalal Gidwani was accused of paying Rs 1.25 crore to financial consultant JK Jagiasi to influence CBI officials investigating the Adarsh housing society case. During his questioning, it was learnt that Jagiasi had approached Gidwani seeking a bribe of Rs 1.25 crore.
The scam involves a prime plot in south Mumbai's Colaba on which a 31-storey building was constructed by the society, allegedly illegally.
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire Again in J&K's Akhnoor District
- Opposition backs government over counter attack against Pakistan
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan Keeps Her Look Casual For Her Recent Public Appearance
- Kareena Kapoor Calls Herself a Selfie Queen