DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Adarsh accused Kanhaiyalal Gidwani dies of heart attack
Kanhaiyalal Gidwani was a former Congress MLC and the promoter of Adarsh Housing Society.
Mumbai: One of the main accused in the Adarsh Housing Society scam, Kanhaiyalal Gidwani, died of a heart attack at Mumbai's Breach Candy Hospital on Tuesday. Gidwani was a former Congress MLC and promoter of Adarsh. He was admitted to breach candy on Friday after suffering a second heart attack in four days.
Accused Kanhaiyalal Gidwani and his family own flats in the controversial housing society. Kanhaiyalal Gidwani was accused of paying Rs 1.25 crore to financial consultant JK Jagiasi to influence CBI officials investigating the Adarsh housing society case. During his questioning, it was learnt that Jagiasi had approached Gidwani seeking a bribe of Rs 1.25 crore.
The scam involves a prime plot in south Mumbai's Colaba on which a 31-storey building was constructed by the society, allegedly illegally.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Champions Trophy Warm-up, Live From Birmingham
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet