Goa BJP says it supports Narendra Modi as PM candidate
Modi is the only leader among all the political parties who should take ahead the country, BJP spokesman said.
Panaji: The state unit of BJP is in favour of naming Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the party's prime ministerial candidate, but is waiting for party leadership in Delhi to take a final call on the issue, a state BJP leader said on Thursday.
"The rank and file of BJP in Goa is in tandem with the party workers across the country who want Modi to be the Prime Minister. But we are waiting for the Delhi leadership to take decision on it," state BJP unit spokesman Wilfred Mesquita said.
"Modi is the only leader among all the political parties who should take ahead the country at this juncture," he said. Mesquita's statement comes a day before the party's state executive committee is scheduled to meet to review the performance of the Manohar Parrikar-led government, which completes one year on March 9.
However, the party spokesman denied that a resolution supporting Modi would be passed in the state executive committee. It is the feeling of millions of Indians that Modi should take over as the Prime Minister as the nation is under economic crisis, he said.
"Our economic policies are in total doldrums. Unprincipled expenditure has gone beyond the expected revenues," Mesquita, a former minister in Goa cabinet, said. Modi has a strong administration skill and will power, he said, adding that he should be given an opportunity.
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton
- With 84 Million Viewers, Hillary-Trump Debate Smashes Record
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- 1st Test: Vijay, Pujara Put India in Command Against NZ on Day 3