Goa polls: Promises galore in BJP manifesto
The party also said housewives will be given an allowance of Rs 1,000 per month to fight the price rise.
Panaji: Goa BJP on Sunday released its manifesto, making several promises, including reduction in price of petrol by Rs 11 a litre and unemployment allowance to youths, once the party is elected to power in the state.
BJP chief spokesman Ravi Shankar Prasad, along with local leaders released the manifesto, which has several promises, including affordable houses to all.
Leader of the Opposition in Goa Manohar Parrikar said petrol prices would be reduced by Rs 11 a litre by removing VAT with effect from April if the party came to power.
The party also said housewives will be given an allowance of Rs 1,000 per month to fight the price rise. In its manifesto, the party has promised that Rs 1 lakh would be deposited as marriage expenses in the bank account of a girl, once she completes 18 years of age.
Under the Dayanand Social Security Scheme (DSS), pension amount will be increased from Rs 1,000 per month to Rs 2,000. On the controversial mining sector, the party said 60 per cent of the royalty will be spent on the development of infrastructure and environment revitalisation.
The party promised unemployment allowance of Rs 3,000 to Rs 4,500 per month under the minimum employment assurance scheme.
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- SRK Turns Into a DJ for Radio Show and His First Mix Will Leave You in Splits
- Rakesh Roshan Clarifies Krrish 4 Will Not Clash With 'Younger Brother' SRK's Film
- SRK, Randeep Hooda Condemn Uri Attack, Offer Condolences To Martyrs' Kin
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet Today
- Post Surgical Strike, PM Modi to Chair Cabinet Committee on Security Meeting
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India