Goa polls: Promises galore in BJP manifesto
The party also said housewives will be given an allowance of Rs 1,000 per month to fight the price rise.
Panaji: Goa BJP on Sunday released its manifesto, making several promises, including reduction in price of petrol by Rs 11 a litre and unemployment allowance to youths, once the party is elected to power in the state.
BJP chief spokesman Ravi Shankar Prasad, along with local leaders released the manifesto, which has several promises, including affordable houses to all.
Leader of the Opposition in Goa Manohar Parrikar said petrol prices would be reduced by Rs 11 a litre by removing VAT with effect from April if the party came to power.
The party also said housewives will be given an allowance of Rs 1,000 per month to fight the price rise. In its manifesto, the party has promised that Rs 1 lakh would be deposited as marriage expenses in the bank account of a girl, once she completes 18 years of age.
Under the Dayanand Social Security Scheme (DSS), pension amount will be increased from Rs 1,000 per month to Rs 2,000. On the controversial mining sector, the party said 60 per cent of the royalty will be spent on the development of infrastructure and environment revitalisation.
The party promised unemployment allowance of Rs 3,000 to Rs 4,500 per month under the minimum employment assurance scheme.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology