Gogoi cabinet may stake claim on May 16
The Chief Minister said the next government would have to be formed on or before May 19.
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi will chair the last Cabinet meeting of the outgoing government on Sunday evening and is likely to meet Governor J B Patnaik on Monday to stake claim to form the third consecutive Congress government in the state.
Gogoi has called a meeting of his outgoing ministers at his residence where a decision to tender resignation to the Governor to facilitate the formation of the next government was likely to be taken, official sources said.
The Congress Legislature Party is scheduled to meet on May 17 to elect the next Chief Minister where Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee is also likely to be present.
Meanwhile, the Chief Minister said the next government would have to be formed on or before May 19 when the term of the currently Assembly expires.
Gogoi-led Congress government stormed back to power for the third successive term winning 78 of the 126 assembly seats in the state.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Nokia 6, Nokia 5 Price and Specifications in Pictures
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless