2010 assault case: SC issues notice to Kanda
The notice was issued after a petition was filed alleging that the ex-Haryana minister had beaten up some INLD workers in April 2010.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Thursday issued a notice to former Haryana Minister of State for Home Gopal Kanda after a petition was filed against him by an INLD worker in connection with a 2010 assault case.
The petition alleged that Kanda had beaten up some INLD workers who were protesting in Sirsa.
The incident happened in the month of April.
Kanda currently faces arrest in connection with the suicide of a former employee of his MDLR Group, Geetika Sharma, who accused him and another manager of mental harassment.
- Pakistan Summons Indian Envoy, Lodges Strong Protest Over 'Unprovoked Firing'
- Pakistan Cricket Board Bars Push-Ups on Field After Match Wins
- Team India, Ravichandran Ashwin Head Latest ICC Test Rankings
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh
- UK PM Theresa May had Expressed Concerns Over Brexit Weeks Before Referendum
- Salman Khan's Bodyguard Shera Faces Assault Charges in Mumbai
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Mosul Offensive Displaced 7,000 People: UN
From Our Network
- Punjab polls: As Kejriwal hobnobs with allies, Congress might just break its losing streak- FirstPost
- Diwali gift for commuters, DND flyway made toll free after Allahabad High Court order - Pradesh18
- Inspiring: Shahdol man, who lost both arms in an accident, drives auto-rickshaw to earn living - Pradesh18