DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Government, Opposition Strategise For Note Ban in Parliament
Proceedings in the Lok Sabha . (TV Grab/CNN-News18)
As the government and Opposition stick to their well entrenched positions on Demonetisation, the deadlock continues in the Parliament over the issue.
To break the ice on the issue, the treasury benches have offered talks to the Opposition. While the Opposition has fielded economist like Manmohan Singh to puncture holes in the government’s note ban theory.
Here are some of the likely strategies of the government and Opposition to break the Parliament logjam.
Strategy of The Treasury Benches
- Offer talks with opposition to resolve the logjam.
- Use opposition’s refusal to debate under Rule 193 for sending message that those protesting aren’t serious about resolving the issue.
- PM by attending both LS & RS, aims to send a message that govt. is listening to opposition’s grievances.
- By delaying PM’s reply govt. buying time for queues to shorten at banks and chinks in opposition ranks exposed.
- Use opposition’s call for a rollback as a tool to attack them terming rivals are supporting black money hoarders.
- Take the battle in public by directly taking their opinion on note ban and through PM’s appeals.
- With state polls round the corner, govt. wants to stick with its decision as it believes people are generally supportive of its move.
- Govt. waiting till opposition Bharat bandh, expecting it will turn out to be a flop show.
Strategy of The Opposition Benches
- Field a credible and economist face like Manmohan Singh to puncture govt’s claims on note ban.
- Linger the protests till Nov 28, the day opposition has called for Bharat bandh or 'Akrosh Diwas'.
- Keep the note ban pot boiling till UP, Punjab polls to leverage public inconvenience for poll gains.
- With West Bengal in safely in her kitty, Mamata wants to use the issue as an opportunity for her national ambition.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017