DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Government selling country to foreigners: Shiv Sena
Sanjay Raut said FDI in retail will force small traders to shut their shops and commit suicide.
New Delhi: Emphasising that foreign investment in retail will prove the death knell for small traders, the Shiv Sena on Thursday accused the government of selling the country to foreigners.
"The government is selling the country to foreigners like Walmart. If Sukhdev and Bhagat Singh were alive, they would have bombed the people who are sitting here and selling our country," said party's Sanjay Raut, while speaking in the debate in the Rajya Sabha on the decision allowing foreign equity in retail trade.
He said FDI in retail will force small traders to shut their shops and commit suicide. Targeting Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati for supporting the government, Raut said: "Mayawati in the past stated that FDI in retail was only to benefit Rahul Gandhi's friends; today she has started to support them?" "I want to know how many Italian traders will be allowed to come and set up their stores in India," he added.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- AB De Villiers Angry at 'Ball-Tampering' Inference
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Challenge is to Not Think About Defending Title, Says Virat Kohli