Govt cancels dinner for award winners over Sarabjit's death
The award function on Friday, to be attended by President Pranab Mukherjee, will, however, be held as per schedule.
New Delhi: The I&B Ministry on Thursday cancelled a dinner to be hosted here in honour of the National Film Award Winners following the death of Sarabjit Singh as a mark of respect to him.
In view of the anguish felt by the entire nation on the tragic and painful death of Sarabjit, Minister Manish Tewari decided to cancel the dinner as scheduled on Thursday, said officials.
Condemning the brutal assault on Sarabjit, Tewari said "the his unfortunate death "in Pakistan's custody has hurt the sentiments of all Indians. The country, in this hour of grief, stands by the family of the victim."
The award function on Friday, to be attended by President Pranab Mukherjee, will, however, be held as per schedule, officials said.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)