DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Govt cancels dinner for award winners over Sarabjit's death
The award function on Friday, to be attended by President Pranab Mukherjee, will, however, be held as per schedule.
New Delhi: The I&B Ministry on Thursday cancelled a dinner to be hosted here in honour of the National Film Award Winners following the death of Sarabjit Singh as a mark of respect to him.
In view of the anguish felt by the entire nation on the tragic and painful death of Sarabjit, Minister Manish Tewari decided to cancel the dinner as scheduled on Thursday, said officials.
Condemning the brutal assault on Sarabjit, Tewari said "the his unfortunate death "in Pakistan's custody has hurt the sentiments of all Indians. The country, in this hour of grief, stands by the family of the victim."
The award function on Friday, to be attended by President Pranab Mukherjee, will, however, be held as per schedule, officials said.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Priyanka, Ranveer Extend Their Love to Sachin Tendulkar For His Biopic
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer Gives Detailed Glimpse of Vulture
- 1st ODI: Morgan Slams Ton As England Crush South Africa