Govt confident that motion against FDI will be defeated
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath said that he was confident that political parties will see through the politics of BJP.
New Delhi: Expressing confidence that the motion against FDI will be defeated in Parliament, the government on Tuesday hoped that parties will see through the "politics" of BJP and vote accordingly. "I am confident that the motion moved by BJP in Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha will be rejected.. I am urging all parties not to subscribe to the politics of BJP," Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath said.
To a question on support by SP and BSP, he said he was confident that political parties will see through the politics of BJP. "They may oppose FDI. It is for the states to decide. I am confident that parties will see through the politics of BJP.. We have the numbers," he said.
His remarks came ahead of Lok Sabha taking up a motion against FDI in multi-brand retail under a rule which entails voting.
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Adnan Sami Responds To Haters After He Was Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Rahul Gandhi Flays RSS, Accuses it of Trying to 'Divide India'
- Defamation Case: Rahul Gandhi Makes his Appearance in Assam Court