'Govt in touch with TN over assault on Buddhist monk'
Earlier there had been reports of an attack on a Sri Lankan monk at Thanjavur, nearly 350 km from Chennai.
New Delhi: The Centre is in touch with Tamil Nadu government over an attack on a Buddhist monk at Chennai central station and the attackers have been identified. "With reference to an incident of an attack on Venerable Udhathalawinne Wangeesa Thero, a Buddhist monk, at the Chennai Central Station earlier today, the Government of India is touch with Tamil Nadu Govt.
"The attackers have been identified and authorities are taking action to apprehend the culprits," official sources said.
According to reports, the monk was assaulted when he went to the central railway station and the police then rescued him. Earlier there had been reports of an attack on a Sri Lankan monk at Thanjavur, nearly 350km from Chennai.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone