DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'Govt in touch with TN over assault on Buddhist monk'
Earlier there had been reports of an attack on a Sri Lankan monk at Thanjavur, nearly 350 km from Chennai.
New Delhi: The Centre is in touch with Tamil Nadu government over an attack on a Buddhist monk at Chennai central station and the attackers have been identified. "With reference to an incident of an attack on Venerable Udhathalawinne Wangeesa Thero, a Buddhist monk, at the Chennai Central Station earlier today, the Government of India is touch with Tamil Nadu Govt.
"The attackers have been identified and authorities are taking action to apprehend the culprits," official sources said.
According to reports, the monk was assaulted when he went to the central railway station and the police then rescued him. Earlier there had been reports of an attack on a Sri Lankan monk at Thanjavur, nearly 350km from Chennai.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish