DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Madurai granite scam: Raids at 34 places
Cases against two IAS officers, five others have also been filed in connection with the scam.
Madurai: Vigilance authorities raided 34 places in Madurai in connection with the granite mining scam on Saturday. Cases against two IAS officers who served as Madurai Collectors have been filed.
The IAS officers allegedly falsified records and covered up illegal quarrying by PRP exports.
Cases against five other officers have also been filed. The police has been cracking down on illegal mining of granite in the Madurai district over the past few weeks. Over 17 FIRs against eight companies have been filed and more than 50 people including government officials have been arrested.
Union Minister MK Alagiri's son Durai Dayanidhi is also one of the accused in the scam. The Tamil Nadu Police had issued a look out notice against him for his alleged roles in the scam.
Dayanidhi was director of one of the companies named in the FIR. The police has been looking for Dayanidhi for several days and later issued a look out notice and alerted airports to ensure he doesn't leave the country. The granite scam is said to run into several thousand crores of rupees.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%