Gujarat BJP meet gate-crashed, nearly 150 detained
The meeting was held amidst serious friction within the party over the resignation by Sanjay Joshi and comes ahead of the state Assembly polls.
New Delhi: Roughly 150 people were detained when they tried to forcibly enter the venue of the state executive meeting of the Gujarat BJP on Saturday. The two-day meeting was held in the hometown of former chief minister Keshubhai Patel, who has pulled out his swords against Chief Minister Narendra Modi, after the latter's critic Sanjay Joshi was forced to quit from the party, reportedly under pressure from him.
This will reportedly be the last meet before Gujarat goes to polls in a few months' time.
Modi vs Joshi
It was a day of high drama in the BJP on Friday with cracks getting deeper and Modi having his way as his biggest critic Joshi wrote to party president Nitin Gadkari, asking him to be relieved from the party post as there was tremendous pressure from the Gujarat Chief Minister.
Joshi was removed from the BJP national executive in May on Modi's demand. Joshi's resignation came even as there was opposition within the party over his removal from the BJP national executive.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner