DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Illegal mining: Cong leaders meet President seeking Bokhiria's ouster
Earlier in June, Bokhiria was found guilty by a Porbandar court in a case of illegal mining of limestone.
Ahmedabad: In fresh trouble for Narendra Modi associate Babubhai Bokhiria, who is also the Natural Resources Minister, Gujarat Congress leaders, led by state chief Arjun Modhvadia, met President Pranab Mukherjee to press for his removal from the Gujarat Cabinet. Earlier in June, Bokhiria was found guilty by a Porbandar court in a case of illegal mining of limestone.
At a meeting on Thursday of state Congress leaders, a resolution condemning Bokhiria, convicted in the Rs 54 crore limestone mining case and sentenced to three-year jail by a local court in Porbandar on June 15, was passed.
Congress had said it would approach the Governor and President if Bokhiria didn't resign immediately.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
Recommended For You
- Kohli Feels India Well-Equipped to Defend Champions Trophy Crown
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere