Guj polls: Keshubhai hits out at Modi over 3D campaign
Gujarat Parivartan Party president Keshubhai Patel on Sunday alleged that public money was being spent on the BJP's 'illusionary campaign'.
Ahmedabad: Targeting Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi over expenses incurred in his 3D campaign, Gujarat Parivartan Party president Keshubhai Patel on Sunday alleged that public money was being spent on the BJP's "illusionary campaign."
"Is Gujarat number one in doing illusionary campaign just like it is number one in 'development'?" Patel asked. Public money is being spent on advertisement campaigns by the ruling BJP, he alleged and added that the word 'development' was being "misused" by the saffron party.
"Money is being spent on 3D campaigning, internet campaigning and unnecessary advertisements," Keshubhai alleged in his blog.
He was referring to Modi's speech, which was recently telecast on specially erected screens in Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Rajkot and Surat with the help of 3D holographic technology and satellite link-ups.
The BJP leader had claimed that this was the first such election campaign anywhere in the world. Keshubhai further said if Modi had done real development while he was the Chief Minister for 4,000 days, then he would not have required spending so much money on 3D campaigning.
He also raised doubts over how many legislators had provided solutions to the problems faced by the people. In the Assembly, MLAs had to consult the Chief Minister before asking any questions, he claimed. "It is time for people to teach such legislators a lesson by voting them out," Patel said.
- Karan Johar Vs MNS: CM Fadnavis Turns Peacemaker
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released